محل اقامت: آذربایجان شرقی-مرند
تشکر کرده: 4565 دفعه
تشکر شده: 2800 دفعه
تماس:

دستگاه جمع اوري زنبور پاكتي

پست توسط mellifera »

[CENTER] تصویر[/CENTER]
[CENTER]تصویرتصویر[/CENTER]
It is common phenomenon in honey bees hives, that in certaintime in late spring or summer there is overabundance of bees called often as“overflowing”. These phenomenons are easily observed in Top Bar Hive (TBH) ifsuch hive has a window or even without it.
In a certain moment we will notice that bees are coveringlast combs with very thick layer much more then what looks as normal.
This is natural thing, a result of natural proliferatingfeature of bees without which would be no bees and no honey. The next we willsee is that suddenly there are very significantly less bees in this hive, and lastcombs are hardly covered with bees. This means that large part of bees departedtogether with queen, and we know such thing as “swarm”.
Beekeepers don’t like it because these bees withqueen are lost for them usually.
There are numerous ways and means to cope with it describedin literature, so if I add some more will not change things too much ingenerally, however for TBH beekeepers it could be helpful.
Finding the critical day directly before a swarm is verydifficult in traditional hives. TBH with windows let observe what is going on insideand let decide fairly accurate, with some experience, in which moment to act,before bees do it.
Optimal procedure will certainly be discussed but the firstthing on my mind before such discussion starts was technical solution of collectingbees.
Instructions on brushing and shaking didn’t satisfy me fromthe beginning when I stood the first time in front of commercial packet ofbees. At that time I have think out a method of “Little Cardboard”, which Idescribed in Part I. Presently, standing in front of matter of collecting beesfrom a hive it was a challenge. In the result emerged specific device I called “Ssawka”, (“W” is pronounced as “V” in Polish)

General term for such device "bee vacuum" is already known with its different designs, mainly for catching swarms. Mine bee vacuum, Ssawka, can be used for the same purpose quite well but I designed and made it not for this.In English the word „sucker” could be close to the Polish meaning of suctiondevice, ssawka, but I don’t like its pejorative meaning, so I am calling it here "The Bees Collector” or “Extractor”, as the particular bee vacuum.
This device in conjunction withregular house vacuum cleaner, or as better, if away from home, small battery poweredor car powered slightly modified vacuum cleaner, serves me well as verypractical and valuable tool without cloud of angry bees. I think that it will alsofind its use in hands of TB keepers that have more than two similar to minehives and also in hands of traditional hives beekeepers.

Sucking bees from hive can be performed, at least as I am doing it,without any irritation of bees, (except bees sucked in) and without sting proof"armor" or even without a veil on face. For novices however carefulness is advised before making such decision. Collected bees are rather highly irritated, excited and if got out from collector theyact effectively without any warnings. This state of excitement could be reducedby injecting a bit of clean sprayed water through the cover with a net placedin place of removed suction tube. This excitement consumes alot of energy what is visible in strongly elevated temperature and condensationof water vapor inside Collector. Good practice would be to put them in cool place if such place is availableif not intending to use them immediately.
[CENTER]تصویرتصویر[/CENTER]
Bees could be kept in Ssawka for some time, about 1 day (I didn’t test longer). For longer time I transfer those to old commercial packet box with some sugar syrup, or self made smaller similar box. To make such box is easy and using it is more versatile because it fit also for nucs and serves any purpose efficiently, easy, and safely for bees and beekeeper, including the same purpose as commercial packet.

Application of Collector let me very easily, without revolution, turmoil,brushing, and clouds of angry bees to collect quickly all bees which are in surplus, or from any place,and then, equally easy to do with them something, depending on variety ofpurposes. There are at least a few.

1. Having a queen in a little cage installing new colony as it is done from commercial packet.
2. Add bees temporary in cage to existing colony to enrich it in its volume.
3. Give it to a friend or sale.
4. Having it in small, practical container, use it for any kind of purposes someone could think out, or store it for some time.
5. Capture a swarm.
6. Emptying collector to any type of different container which has appropriate hole to accommodate the neck of collector after removing suction tube. It is very easy and practical. Strong blow by mouth from opposite side will speed up the process of emptying.

[CENTER]تصویر[/CENTER]
Some of the pictures are archived history of tries including technique depicted on animated picture. The current technique of emptying ssawka is through the neck directly to a hive or nuc, or to any kind of container with opening accommodating the neck of ssawka.[CENTER]تصویر[/CENTER]

Wojciech Właźliński
July 20, 2008

چه کسی حاضر است؟

کاربران حاضر در این انجمن: کاربر جدیدی وجود ندارد. و 9 مهمان